Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I could tell, from the minute I woke up...

Can I just say, real quick here, that I really want to write a musical? Well, I'm going to anyway.

I WANT TO WRITE A MUSICAL!!! (and I don't care who knows it)

Now, please don't be mistaken. I don't consider myself a theatrical genius, and so far, my involvement in the theatrical has been Abraham Lincoln in the 1st grade, Elf #2 in the 4th grade, James Brown in the 5th grade, and an OCD character I barely remember from my freshman year here at ol' U of MHB. Clearly, not huge participation, and even then, no script writing. But nonetheless, I want to write a musical.

Why a musical, and not just some story? I don't know. I think the idea of seeing normal people betray their inhibitions to be funny and put on a good show is hilarious. I think that it's much easier to say and or do and or speak of very offensive things when it's set to music (not that I'm looking at being crass, or distateful). I think I enjoy music enough to write my own, fun, silly songs (probably not the actual music part, but the lyrical I think "maybe, yes"). And, I feel like where I'm at in life I could probably contribute a musical much more easier now than later, and it would be more silly, more fun, and more excitingly ridiculous than just another play (plus there's no reason I've found yet that says it should be a screenplay for Hollywood). So, I want to write a musical.

And I mean, a musica. A 1,2,3,however many-hour(s) musical, with songs and dances and characters -- the whole shebang. I like TV, and I love studying movies. I enjoy stories, and I feel like I'm creative enough. So, what is it that I lack?

Inspiration. Time. Resources. For some time now, I have felt the desire to write something -- a story, a book, a movie, a play, a musical. But sadly to say, I just haven't. I could guess the "Why Not" would be much like the "Why Not" now, but I really couldn't tell you, exactly.

So, why am I telling you this? I don't know. I'm just tired of having all this creative energy and desire pent-up inside me. I want it out. I guess maybe I could say I'm looking at finding some inspiration, time, resources, but I really don't know. But we'll see, we'll see.

So, yeah. Have a day my friends.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The summer before my freshman year I wrote Peppermint Penguin and the Mocha Late Musical. You can borrow some of the brilliant material for your musical, if you'd like.

Jeff said...

I think that's a pretty cool idea. I say go for it. I've always had a thought in the back of mind of writing a book but I just have never done it.

Glynis said...

Elf #2... hahaha.