Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Been A While

Believe it or not, that actually is a line from a song. I don't remember who sings it, or the name or year, but the first thing I thought to type was, "It's been a while." Huh, a song!

But yeah, it has been a while! Since I last updated I dressed up as Chewie/Hillary/Satan for Halloween; our country elected a new president; I made an 88 on my Spanish midterm, but with a 5 point curve my teacher gave me a 94 (go figure...); and I said comparing High School Musical 3 to The Dark Knight was like comparing an enchilada to a cup of coffee. All in all, I feel very proud of the things that have gone on, and the things I've accomplished.

I'm registered for next semester. 12 hours, in case you were wondering. Intermediate Greek II, History of the Baptists, Advanced Composition and Stylistics of the Spanish language, Life Lessons (1-hr seminar), and Applied Music - Piano. 12 hours. Not so sure what's going to happen next semester, but I can honestly say it'll be unlike anything I've had up until now. The thought occurs to me "What might my life be like if I loaded up with 15 hours, took regular classes like everyone else, and didn't try to avoid a FULL load with 1-hr electives, like piano?" I think the answer would be something along the lines of me feeling like I'm missing out on my "college experience." Anyway.

Been reading a good book in Christian Counseling. The Emotionally Healthy Church, by Pete Scazzero. Great book. If you have time, I highly recommend it. I boldly and itallicaly recommend it. It is doing wonders for me as a book of meditation and discipleship.

As I'm typing this, I'm actually on duty in the clubhouse and one of my residents just walked in to talk. This particular resident is from India, he is an international student and is studying for his Master's at UMHB in Information Systems (a computer science thing). He wants to know if I can take him to Dallas for Thanksgiving. Sounds like a kind of...neat experience for me, and yet I am kind of bewildered. I never imagined sharing my Turkey Day holiday with anybody other than my family, and I have never actually taken a friend home from UMHB. How...interesting that an opportunity arises for me to open up my family to a few Indian fellows.

Speaking of Master's degrees, I have decided to go to seminary. Not sure which one just yet, but my top considerations at the moment are (in no particular order): (1) Dallas Theological Seminary; (2) Denver Seminary; and (3) B.H. Carroll Theological Institute, or something like that, I can't remember quite clearly. Not real sure where, yet. There are perks of all of them that I like, I just don't know where I'll buckle down, or if God will completely change my mind and I'll choose something way out of the way. I guess time will tell. I guess also I need to hit up Grant Hickman for a "tag-along-day" to Dallas to see what his classes are like, and also an adventurous road trip to Denver to see what Denver Seminary is like. B.H. Carroll is all online, so that has appeal right there, in and of itself. So, I guess if you wanted to pray for me to be open about these possibilities, that'd be nice, but I'm not asking or demanding. Just stating I've made a decision.

Okay friends, all for now. Maybe I'll update again, after two weeks!

2 comments:

kab_live said...

btw...bhcti isn't all online...i just did most of mine online due to my crazy work schedule. they have "teaching campuses" on church campuses here and there.

Unknown said...

Yes sir...